31 August 2012

One of THOSE Weeks

It's been one of THOSE weeks.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  I think Norm, everyone's favorite high-functioning alcoholic from "Cheers," captured my week when he said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "It's a dog-eat-dog world and I'm wearing Milk-Bone shorts."  Suffice to say, those dogs have been traveling in packs this week and they've been ravenous.

One of the highlights lowlights of this week was learning that when I enrolled in my new company's benefits plan five months ago, I thought I had enrolled us in a very effective dental plan.  I was horribly wrong.  Turns out, I enrolled in a plan that pays for, wait for it, nothing.  I'm serious...other than cleanings, it pays for nothing.  This was not known to the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML when she signed everyone up for checkups and follow up work. Thanks to ridiculously fast billing, we learned about my error.  I called my benefits provider and learned that this particular plan is a lock-in for one year.  No getting out of this dental plan clearly borrowed from the Brits.  I could not have been more angry at myself for misreading the plan information.  Clearly my fault and as a result, we will be doing our own home version of dentistry...kind of like this guy with the drill:
I'm hopeful we can avoid any dental drama until next March.  But like I said, this incident pretty much sums up the week I've had.  And then to have to endure the sight of the disturbing and terrifying Calista Gingrich during the gathering of the Mittites in Tampa...oy.

Yep, it's been one of those weeks.  Hoping that next week will improve.  It's got to...

No comments: