01 January 2013

2013:Let's Go

It's 1 January. Another year begins. It's time to make resolutions that, now let's face it, will not come to fruition. For example and a bad one at that, I still have the extra 25 pounds on me that I swore six ways 'til Sunday were coming off last year. If it kills me, those are coming off this year. I'm serious. I'm starting to look like I've had one, two, or fifteen too many cinnamon rolls this year. Curse you, holiday baking! Also, the fact that I need to wear a bro again as I get back into my running routine is more than a little disturbing.

So as far as resolutions go, it's pretty simple:

  • Lose the manboobs
  • Start running consistently again
  • See first entry on list
  • Tell the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML that I love her each and every day
  • Come to terms with the fact that I'm going to be a grandfather this year
  • See first entry on list (I clearly have concerns about the bro, do I not? I suppose this is what happens when you don't roll out of bed until after 9AM on New Year's Day and you get a view of yourself in the bathroom mirror that is both shocking and laughable at the same time.)
So, 2013, let's go. Let's get on with this new year. Let's make it challenging, let's make it great, let's go!

No comments: