21 August 2009

A new addition to the garage

Having a child in university is an interesting experience. As Our Lady of BYU prepares to make her triumphal return to Provo after a long summer at home, we've been getting her ready for said return.

One of those things include getting a car that will be the family college car. I won't go into all the drama that's gone down in finding the right car, but let's just say that the internet has been both a curse and a blessing in our quest. Not to mention the chaos that the government's handout, I mean, stimulus program for cars created for us and we weren't even trading in a clunker.

Suffice to say, I made a detour to lovely Orem, Utah this morning and added this to our garage:

I won't elaborate either on what it was like being held hostage at the dealer either. I think they were trying to create a "Stockholm Syndrome" thing waiting for the finance manager - which was completely lame since I was not financing said car. Anyway, way glad that's over with.

I did have some time to catch up with some old, wonderful friends while I was here and that was great. I also learned that In-n-Out is coming to Provo! They're getting closer to Chicagoland. Yes! They can't get here fast enough.

No comments: