23 October 2009

Why I love my alma mater

Tomorrow, my alma mater, Brigham Young University, will be the home for ESPN's College Game Day and that is cool. Tomorrow's game is big - #16 BYU goes up against #8 TCU. TCU spanked us last year so it promises to be quite a game. I'm proud of my school's football team, but honestly, it's not why I love the school. It's for gems like this that appear in the school's newspaper, the Daily Universe:

Trespassing

Oct. 11 Several female students left their apartment for 30 minutes to attend ward prayer. When they returned to their apartment, they found a severed elk head on their kitchen table. The suspects could not be identified and the elk was disposed of at the materials handling building.


I am not making this up. I only wish I were THAT creative. Read it here if you don't believe me. Awesome. Just awesome.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I totally heart BYU, especially because of sweet reports like that one.

That IS awesome. (Although I might think it somewhat less awesome had I discovered the elk head on my kitchen table.)