02 November 2012

Lounging

After years on the road, I was pretty much a pro at criss-crossing the globe.  I took a few years off the  "road warrior" path and it was good to be grounded.  While I don't see myself gaining my "warrior" status back, I'm getting back into it.

I find myself lounging in an Asian airline's First Class Lounge tonight.  I was the only occupant for awhile but not anymore. I am the lone Westerner, as per usual.  That's one of the reasons I like flying Asian carriers.  I wind up being the "one of these things is not like the other" guys.  If you're that guy on a U.S. airline, you'll find yourself on the wrong end of a TSA fascist's rubber glove.  You have been warned.

Speaking of being not like the others, my sister was that person in our family.  Why?  Because she was the lone girl, stuck between two brothers.  It is her birthday today.  She's done life on her own terms and it's cool to see what she's done with it.  She's raised three children, got herself through college and grad school and is now a Physician's Assistant.  On a side note - so she's a PA, my brother is a lawyer....guess who didn't go to grad school?

Anyway, a happy birthday to my sweet sister.  I only have one sister and I got a good one.

No comments: