18 September 2015

Another belated update from TMFKATB

Since I spent the last six days in the bizarro world that is Dubai (more on that in an upcoming post), I was unable to get the update from TMFKATB posted.

What did he have to say? In his letter, he brought us up to speed on his new companion and the new leadership responsibilities he has. He's training a brand-new missionary and leading a group of missionaries. He's busy and really focused and that showed in his letter. I also noticed that now that he's been in an exclusively Spanish area, the syntax of his letters are becoming more Spanish-infused again. It's not as bad as when he was in Mexico but it's happening again. Can't help but smile at that. Frankly, I can't help but smile whenever I think about what he's up to during this two year period of mission service.

Perhaps it was because I was up for twenty six hours hours yesterday, fourteen of which were on an airplane, I didn't take  note of the date (17th). It was the one year anniversary of our son leaving on his mission. It's flown by. It's been an amazing experience for us. I can't even begin to detail how his service has blessed our family. I can just attest that it's been incredible and to see the changes in him, wow, just wow.

I wouldn't have it any other way. And if his second year goes as quickly as his first, he's going to be home in no time.

No comments: