12 October 2008

Jetlagged....

As I begin to write this post, it is 0245. I climbed into bed at 2230, fully intending to enjoy a good night's rest in my own bed. 30 minutes ticked by and it was clear that wasn't going to happen. So two Tylenol PM were at the ready and I downed those. And here I am...hours later, still awake. I don't blame the Tylenol, as they have worked like magic the entire I was in Thailand and have always worked on all my other trips abroad. But not tonight...

So I've balanced the checkbook, cleaned out my Church bag in order to get ready for Church in what is now today. I couldn't help but think of the Primary song about getting ready for Sunday...c'mon, you know which one. Hum or sing along, people... "Saturday is a special day/It's the day we get ready for Sunday" Good times, people, good times. I'm also downloading all the talks from LDS General Conference onto my iPod so I hear what I missed while in Bangkok. I wish the Church made it easier to download those. Or maybe I'm wishing I was smarter because it's been a chore to get it downloaded.

Speaking of technical chores, I wanted to get my pictures posted from Bangkok and let many of the pictures capture the essence of what I did while there. My Blackberry is holding the bulk of them hostage. I've managed to get five (5) of the thirteen (13) off the device. The other eight (8) don't seem to be budging. I'm going to give it a bit of a "time out" and see if I can't get the rest of them off later today.

I think I'll try and go back to bed now. Maybe I can grab three (3) hours of fitful rest before I have to get up to get ready for Church...

No comments: