02 October 2008

One good thing about Halloween

Halloween, like most holidays, is lame. Always has been and always will be. I have discovered, though, that Halloween does bring out some cleverness in corporate marketers and it feeds (no pun intended) a certain generation's (mine) need for nostalgia. I give you Frankenberry!

I loved this cereal when I was little. It was awesome. And then either it went away or I grew out of it, but it seemed like it was off the shelves. And now, in the last couple of years, right around Halloween, look what seems to make itself back on the shelf. In its horrible goodness. Give me a couple boxes and I'll get through the Halloweenie season.

So just flew in from two days in Buffalo. Don't ask. And I leave tomorrow for Bangkok. I could not be less ready for that trip. Tomorrow is going to be challenging - making the 515PM flight to LAX is going to work my last nerve.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

We were one of THOSE families that never had cold cereal. I would dream of the day when friends would have me over and I would feast on their cold cereal. I have to admit that I was more of a Count Choco girl, though.

What do you mean, LAME. What's not to love about a holiday devoted to creepy dressups and candy? I know you are always just looking for a reason to don a good wig and get into character.