28 September 2008

The Amazing Race is back!

Twelve hours at church today and I'm winding down watching the premiere of the 13th season of the greatest show in reality television - "The Amazing Race"

It is, as always awesome. Tonight's destination is Salvador, Brasil. I missed the first few minutes, which I will watch later, so I didn't see the team introductions, but it looks like the usual collection of characters and area a slow to start. Couple of observations...the frat boys? Umm...what frat did they belong to at ASU? Kappa Summa Dorka? If I were an ASU administrator, I'd demand that CBS black out the ASU t-shirts they're wearing for the rest of the season. They aren't doing ASU any favors-they appear to be colossal idiots. And the married, tie-dye wearing beekeepers...his beard and her hair appear to be completely interchangeable. It's creepy. I'm not worried about what appears to be a slow start - this thing always picks up. I am a little disappointed that CBS has shown the destinations of this season's race but I'll get over it.

Now the other day I was wishing the SNL would bring Tina Fey back every week to have her play Sarah Palin. Well they ponied up again last night. It was great - not quite the screaming riot that was the Palin/Clinton showdown of a couple weeks ago - but funny just the same. So here it is:

1 comment:

heidi said...

okay here is my weigh in on the AR.

the frat brothers are RIDICULOUS!
if he has one more panic ridden meltdown he will never make it in this game.

nick and starr--a little full of themselves, though they played a good game.

those are probably the two biggest standouts to me right now, you're right it's always a slow go, I hope some of the people in the tail end move up next week, I'd like to know more of their stories.

the best part was watching Terrence and Sarah. If she "outlaps" him one more time, he might have a meltdown. And wo on the need for holding and love, she's not allowed to do any gameplay--he must be super controlling? This will be one couple to be entertained by!