06 September 2008

Remember that "Seinfeld" episode?

I'm referring to Episode #59, "The Smelly Car," from April 1993, where Jerry wages war against a BO beyond description - a little present left by a parking valet. It was a classic when it first aired and a gutbust every time it airs in repeats. Well, today, Shari and I came up against that same hideous thing while in Target.

Apparently, a shopper had skipped bathing bathing for, oh I don't know, forever and every aisle this guy cruised down, he left a trail of carnage, destruction, and stink like you can't believe. Children were yelling, 'What stinks?' It was so bad that I think I actually saw bread going stale as he passed by the innocent bags of unsuspecting wheat, white, and rye breads. They never knew what hit 'em. People were literally stopping in the aisles after said shopped had gone by them and they were doing the "sniff" manuver to see if, by some hideous happenstance, it was them. I mean to call it noxious is an understatement. It was unreal. And all I could think of was that episode of "Seinfeld."

I don't know how one manages to get out of the house with a stink like that, but then again, I think this just goes to my belief that a whole lot of folks have carnival fun house mirrors installed in their homes because if they had real mirrors, they wouldn't be walking around dressed the way there are...

That's been Saturday's highlight...I'd like to say that BYU's win over Washington was the highlight but since we don't get Fox Sports Network in this neck of Chicagoland, we didn't get to see the win. We did get to see the Boy play his first soccer game this season and his team won, 5 - 0. Great job! We're going to close the evening watching Brian Regam - we saw him live in an awesome show a couple of nights ago in Joliet (a town with basically no redeeming qualities) and he has a new special on Comedy Central tonight. Laughing as a way to close the evening is always good!

No comments: