23 September 2008

A random thought or two or more

After two nasty weeks at work where I fell completely off my running schedule, I'm getting back in the swing of things. When I got home tonight, I took off on a short run and it gave me some much-needed time to clear out my crowded head and it got me to thinking about a few things. Like...

Why am I reading the following books all at the same time: "Traffic;" "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo;" "Hot, Flat, and Crowded;" "Go Put Your Strengths to Work;" and "What Happened to the Cross?"

Why did all the morning television news programs give even an ounce of air time to this millenium's most hideous mother, Lynne Spears (mother of the twin skanks of the Apocalypse, Britney and Jamie Lynne) upon the publication of her pearl of wisdom on parenting in challenging times. Shame on the bookstore that even sells that steaming pile of written garbage or the library that files this book in anything but the fantasy section!

Why will the media forget completely about the financial meltdown our economy faces when Clay Aiken officially comes out tomorrow? Anyone shocked by this "revelation" needs to be medicated. Immediately.

Why is the Angriest Elderly Presidential Candidate Ever refusing to let his VP nominee speak to the media in anything other than orchestrated interviews or photo ops?

And a final thought, speaking of our Republican VP candidate, why, why, why can't Tina Fey play Sarah Palin every stinkin' week on Saturday Night Live? I know the video is legendary at this point, and you've probably seen it, but methinks it's worth a posting here:


So that's cleared my mind - have a good night!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Yeah, didn't the fact that Clay used artificial insemination to become a father clue in anyone who was still doubting?? Come on!