21 July 2009

One of those days

It's not like today was horrible at the office. It wasn't. It wasn't great either. Not that I believe every day in the office has to be a walk in the park. It really was just one of those days. Got some things done but not all that I would have liked to have done. An important discussion didn't go exactly the way I had hoped. That only added to the sense that it was one of those days. And it was.

I was glad to get home. The Boy went on my run with me. He rode his bike. Word to the wise - don't go out for a run ten minutes after finishing a homemade chicken enchilada. Suffice to say, it made for an uncomfortable run, albeit faster at the end. I shouldn't have to draw a picture as to why...

The stunningly patient SML is packing up for a few days away. She's off to see her sister and her new baby, our new nephew, Jack Ryan. Boss, boss name. I'm glad she is able to do this. I'm even happier that Mother United had mileage seats open for this trip. Frankly, scoring award seats has been a snap. I booked four more last night for a Labor Day trip last night. Good us, bad for Mother United's revenue bottom line.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Hoping it's a bit better than today.

No comments: