03 February 2010

Waiting for my recall notice

A few weeks ago, the Swedemobile and I ended our tortured two-plus year relationship. It was time. I went back to the comforting arms of my Japanese friend, Toyota. This time, the arms had a little more heft and were covered in leather, with a few bells and whistles to boot. And now, it's now a part of what is shaping up to be the largest automotive recall in history. The car I bought is currently NO LONGER being produced and is NOT BEING SOLD. Fantastic.

But here's the thing...I don't care. Am I concerned that my floor pat is suddenly going to seize up and force my gas pedal to do all sorts of craziness. That would be no. My floor mats are anchored at the bottom and so long as they remain in their tethered position, they aren't going anywhere.

So I'm going to wait for my recall notice and when I get it, I'll take the car in for the obligatory inspection and get a free oil change. And I'll keep driving.

No comments: