14 February 2010

Another Valentine's Day - and I'm still voting no


Utterly brilliant and I could not have said it better myself. And Heaven knows I've tried to articulate the above sentiment for years.

Now that being said, I am married, happily, to the most amazing woman in the world. Blog readers know her as the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML. I summed up my feelings for her last year on this lamest of days in my Valentine's Day 2009 post. Read it and you'll see I'm not heartless. I'm not. As one person who knows us said earlier this morning, upon learning about my staunch anti-Valentine's Day stance, "At least she's been on some great vacations." Thank you. Yes she has. My feelings for the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML only grow stronger and deeper with each year. We'll celebrate twenty-two years (22!) of marriage this year. Not bad. Not bad at all. Living with me is no walk in the park, I know. I'd be in a world of hurt without my wife. Seriously. My mother told her this past Friday, "I'm glad you love him, because I'm not taking him back." Aah,a mother's love is timeless, isn't it?

Now, to the anonymous (so far) person who sent the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML the dozen red roses yesterday, please identify yourself. We'd like to thank you. Really.

No comments: