21 August 2011

A year ago...two years ago...and eleven days from now.

A year ago at this time, I was in Houston for a work-related conference.  This year, I'm home.  It's the first time in 12 years that I am not attending that conference.  It's a little weird to not be there, to be honest.

Two years ago at this time, I'd just arrived at that same annual conference, this time in the Nirvana that is San Diego, after making a stop in Salt Lake City to buy the "college" car for our children.  Our Lady of BYU was the first recipient of that car.  Two years ago, she was a mere sophomore at BYU, with hardly a care in the world.  Two years ago, CAL was entering her junior year of high school and was trying to decide what schools to apply to, following the same rite of passage as her other classmates.  Two years ago, the Boy was just entering the 8th grade and working on having the same-day detention room named in his honor (he liked to "chat" in middle school).  Two years ago, our home was a little different than what we have today.

In eleven days, the Boy will be through his third week of his sophomore year and he will be set to assume his position of "King of the Castle" as his sisters will have moved out.  In eleven days, CAL will be one state away from her new home at her university on the precipice of her freshman year.  In eleven days, Our Lady of BYU will be marrying Awesome.  Her life will be changing completely and we couldn't be happier for her.  Really.  The more she talks about Awesome and seeing the decisions that they've made, it reaffirms what we've known - that these two are going to be wonderful together.  With her permission, I'm giving you a sneak peek of the bride:
In eleven days, I'm going to be an emotional train wreck.  Right now, I'd say I'm more of an emotional hazard, but epic shall be the wreck on 9/1/11.  In eleven days, I've got to come up with a new blog name for Our Lady.  Maybe I'll focus on that for the next few days...

Yep, things are changing here in the Den.

2 comments:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Our Lady of Awesome (OLA)?
Mrs,. Awesome?
Sister Awesome?

Unknown said...

Gorgeous.

I'm liking Mrs. Awesome.