20 September 2011

45

Yeah, what this is called is my age today
It's another birthday here in the Den.  And this time around, it's my birthday.

The image to the left perfectly captures my age today.  I totally remember 45's.  I still wish I had a few of them, so I could sell them on eBay.  I can't remember the songs I had on 45's, but I suspect they were, well, awful.  How could they have not been?  I started listening to music in the mid-70's (shudder).  Enough said.

It's been a good day.  The birthday salutations coming in on Facebook have been great.  Apparently, I've been a bit transparent in my love of food and finding myself all over the world, because a lot of the greetings mentioned food and travel.  I suppose they could mention worse, way worse things.  The post of the day though was this one:

Sir, I hope that your birthday is magical and that all your birthday dreams will come true.  Until I see you again, live the dream sir.

Duly noted, Cam, duly noted.

So leaving now to cap off the evening with a birthday dinner of the finest in Israeli food at the Naf Naf Grill.  It'll be a good dinner with the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML.  Would be nice if the Boy joins us but since he got his license, we don't see a lot of him.  Anyway, I'm a lucky man.  I got another year out of life.  I'm surrounded by people who inexplicably love me and I've got good, no, great friends.  Makes for a great birthday.

1 comment:

Monty Newlin said...

I hope it was a great day! If you started listening to music in the mid-70's, I'm amazed you still listen to anything. It was not a decade that contributed much of anything to human culture. But they were my college, marriage and law school years -- with many, many happy memories.

Age 45? You're only a child. Does your mother know what you do when you're out and about?