05 September 2011

(No) Labor Day

Sleeping in (well, I made it to 630AM, which, for me, is like making it 'til noon).  Taking it easy.  Seeing a movie.  Dinner with friends.  A fine way to spend Labor Day, if I do say so myself.  It's been a good day.

With the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML still on the other side of the country with CAL getting her ready for university, the Boy and I are on our own.  Apparently, we looked pathetic at Church yesterday and we got invited to dinner with friends.  After dinner, they wanted to play a game.  It's no secret that I would pretty much rather ram a dirty fork into my eye than play a game, but I felt I needed to be a good guest and so I played.  Guess what?  I had a great time playing this game.  Maybe because it allowed my inner word nerd to come out, but I loved playing it.  Loved it enough that we went out and bought it today.  What game you ask?  This one:
Bananagrams...word nerd fun!
I'm still surprised at how much I enjoyed the game.  It was all good.  Glad we bought it today.  In the spirit of taking it easy today, the Boy and I went and saw "Apollo 18" today.  Oh my!  Let me just say, conspiracy theorists are going to be wetting themselves over this one.  I don't want to give much a way, but I will just say, scary.  In a good way.

We're heading over to friends for another dinner shortly.  We are surrounded by really good friends.  Now I need to figure out how to return the favor...now, I'll be laboring over that for much of the night.

1 comment:

Monty Newlin said...

I love that we share the same attitude toward games! You're nicer than I am, though. With me, it's usually, "Oh, look at the time! We must be going." Or some similar excuse to exit, stage left. Glad you enjoyed it anyway.