01 January 2012

2012:No Excuses

It's here. A new year. Another year.  By the time this year is over, in 365 days (yes, I am including this year's Leap Year, I just didn't include today in the count for those of you who are nitpicking, and I know some of you are), there will only be one teen-ager left in the Den.  I will be one year closer to 50.  And if the Mayans are right, none of this matters as we'll all be dead as of December 12, 2012, so please plan accordingly.

I'm not much of a student of Mayan history or their penchant for world-ending destruction, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and plan for seeing 2012 and beyond through to the bitter end.  That being said, I will not be making any resolutions this year.  This is in keeping with years' past.  Resolutions are just like Newt Gingrich's presidential campaign or Lindsay Lohan's attempt to resuscitate her D.O.A. career or my continued willingness to try and nail the Bollywood dance steps in "Just Dance."  These things are a recipe for disaster.  So no need for me to wade into that pool of unpleasantness.

I am, however, declaring 2012 my year of "No Excuses."  Own it.  Get things done.  Get up and try again.  I am going to find different ways to get things done that may have impeded me in the past.  Just don't make excuses.  Rather than excusing the occasional failure or mistake, I'm going to endeavor to learn from it and improve.  So there it is.  It's out there.  No excuses.  (215)

2 comments:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

I'll bite: What's the 215?

Kari Nitzel said...

Its funny that you claim 2012 as No Excuses, yesterday I told the teenager that same thing - that 2012 was the year of 'No Excuses'.