09 September 2012

17

And so it is that we honor other birthday here in the Den - today the Boy celebrates his 17th birthday.  Like last year, with the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML traveling, he celebrates his birthday with just one parent - me. I suppose it could be worse for him, but I think it's been a good birthday weekend all the way around.

With just the two of us in the house, I was able to rouse him from his teenage death sleep with the smells of bacon, sweet, glorious bacon.  It woke him but not enough to drag him out of bed.  That was fine because I had my act together enough to bring him breakfast in bed.  Eggs and the aforementioned bacon were the stars on his tray.  He seemed pleased.  He seemed pleased with his gifts - all golf-related, so all is well in the world.  Not the creepy Mormon Mommy blogger 'so blessed, so perfect' well, but things are good.

The Boy is growing into a truly fine young man.  He's made some really good choices.  His older bosses sisters have been excellent examples to him.  He's made sure our lives as parents are never, ever dull (e.g. a text about a high quality BM).  He keeps us on our toes.  He's getting ready for young adulthood.  I think he's going to do just fine.

Happy birthday, son.

No comments: