18 September 2012

Just some stuff

It's a bit of stormy night here in New England and the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML is waiting for one of the trees in the neighborhood to take out a power line.  I find myself nearly devoid of thought right now, but I'll share a few of the things that have been swirling around in my head of late:

  • I really like air conditioning.  I had to make a presentation today in front of about 60 people that was also being webcast to about one hundred other people and the room was as hot as the Edgware Road Tube Stop on a scorching summer's day in London.  I was sweating so much down my back you could have surfed down my spine.  Would it have killed them to turn on the A/C?  No it would not.
  • The stunningly patient and mighty fine SML has been seeking my opinion on new hairstyles.  This has included her doing her hair in some of the suggested styles and asking what I think.  This will not end well for me.  The good news is that, so far, we've been laughing about the potential options.
  • I'm getting obsessed with the Civil War again.  Cannot wait for "Lincoln" opening in November.
  • It's feeling just a little bit like fall, which means this year is thismuchcloser to being over.  How can that be?
  • One of my new favorite people on Twitter is this guy: @ldsbishop because of tweets like this:
Mitt Romney increasingly reminds me of that old high priest
you wish wouldn't spout their views during Sunday school
  • Mitt's latest gaffe reflection of his true feelings, the one in which he claims that 47% of Americans will automatically vote for Obama because they are dependent on the government and pay no income taxes, and his flipping on it, claiming he had not spoken elegantly, demonstrates further the gap between him and, well, real people.
  • Mike Birbiglia is a brilliant comedian and storyteller. 
Like I said, just some stuff tonight here in the Den.  

No comments: