05 January 2015

Settled

At the Izapa Ruins
In what is now our ritual for the next two years, we eagerly awaited the "ping" alerting us to an e-mail in our respective inboxes today. That ping came in a little early - 30 minutes or so earlier than normal - today and it brought the letter from TMFKATB. How would I summarize said letter? In one word - settled. The stunningly patient and mighty fine SML and I both felt good about that assessment.

Our missionary son seems settled and I don't mean that in a lethargic way. He seems like he's got his routine down now. He is enjoying the opportunity to learn and talked a bit about how that's changing him. He loves the people he lives amongst. He assured us his health is good, meaning he's keeping everything down, literally. I'm sure this is good news for the missionary he lives with but I suspect the Latin American operations of the one-ply toilet paper concern he's been using will see a downturn in sales. Sorry, not sorry.

He shared a couple of pictures, like the one above, of his P-Day trip to Izapa. Pictures were all he shared of that excursion. Apparently he's a real believer that pictures can tell a thousand stories. Izapa is a significant pre-Colombian archaeological site and includes the "Tree of Life." Looked pretty cool. I guess we'll have to wait a couple of years to get the story.

These Monday exchanges mean the world to us. We look forward to them and they really do set the tone for our week. I'm glad he started the new year feeling settled. It helps me to do the same.

No comments: