24 January 2009

78 Degrees - that's good

Since arriving in Honolulu, I've rediscovered that I like it when it's 78 degrees outside. I like it. A LOT. Doesn't matter where I am - 78 degrees is good. When it's 78 degrees in Chicagoland, it's late spring or a summer morning. That's good. When it's 78 degrees in Phoenix, it means it's not so hot that you want to die like most of the year there. When it's 78 degrees in Hawaii, it's good.

I've spent most of the day today in a meeting room in a hotel. They were good meetings so that didn't make it too tough to be in the meeting room, rather than outside. I did get outside at lunch and got this picture of Diamond Head from Ala Moana Park:
Again, apologies for the blur of the BBerry cam. You get the idea - it's beautiful.

It all comes to an end in the morning. I head back to Chicagoland. It's four degrees there right now - without the windchill. Perfect. It's only 74 degrees off my ideal temperature. We'll get there.

This much I know, though, we have to do something for Spring Break. Like head south to Florida like so many other of our Chicagoland compatriots. Let the travel planning begin. I'm open to suggestions too.

1 comment:

Restless Mom said...

How about Costa Rica?? I hear the temp there year-round is 78. :)