30 May 2009

Great day with the Cubs yesterday

Here's the second round of postings for today...wanted to follow up on yesterday's activities. The stunningly patient SML and I took some good friends, Jeff and Rebecca, into the city to Wrigley for an afternoon matchup between the Cubs and the Dodgers. We were divided in our support with the stunningly patient supporting the Dodgers and me, wearing my Cubs shirt, cheering for the Cubs. Our seats were amazing:
Four stinking rows behind the Cubs dugout!
During the 7th innning stretch

The weather was just this side of perfect. We had a great time and the game really took off at the 7th inning when the Cubs took back the lead and won the game in the 9th. After the game, we got out of Wrigleyville and made our way into downtown. We went to dinner at a great Thai place called Star of Siam. The spicy beef appetizers were really good and my mussuman curry was great. The stunningly patient SML liked her meal, so we've found a Thai place we can both enjoy. After dinner, on Rebecca's suggestion, we walked down to the Shedd Aquarium to see it post-renovation. Sadly, when we got there, it was closed but no matter. It was a beautiful walk. Looking back on the Chicago skyline was incredible. It's a unique skyline and one I never tire of. We walked back up Michigan Avenue, grabbed some dessert, and got home around 930PM. It was a great day.

Today's been no slouch either. Got up and ran 5.4 miles - managed to once again trip on my stinking shoelace about one mile in, coming down on my recently healed knee. I bounced right back up but it knocked the wind out of my sails for the rest of the run. Then home for the usual cadre of errands, etc., and then it was off to the Boy's final soccer game of the season. He scored a goal and then during the post-game awards was given the "It's Not Tackle Football" award. He could not have been more thrilled.

As I was coming back from my run today, I realized that I am really happy (not psycho Sally Field 'You like me, you really like me!' happy) but happy. I've been blessed beyond measure and life, well, Life.Is.Good.

No comments: