20 May 2009

What I Did Today

5:00AM Out of bed, getting ready for the day, watched the BBC
5:45AM Into the igloo that is my office in the basement - the work day begins
6:00AM Conference call-apolooza begins. I am on the phone for about five and a half hours straight. I wonder where is the sweet relief of death?
11:30AM Have to run to FedEx-Kinkos to send a fax since my scanner broke and I can't use my RightFax software. This allows for a stop at NafNaf for a falafel pita.
12:15PM Back in the igloo and back to conference calls. I will have a brain tumor by the end of the day.
2:00PM The conference calls and WebEx's continue their relentless pace
4:45PM Declare the work day over
5:15PM Get out of the igloo and onto the streets for a run. Gorgeous outside!
6:00PM Get home from run, sit down on the deck and watch "The Simpsons" on the big screen from my perch outside
7:00PM Take the Boy to a Church youth activity
7:30PM Get home to find the stunningly patient SML watching the lame finale of "American Idol" and find myself wanting to ram a fork in my eye after watching it for two minutes
8:00PM Begin questioning my sanity after not being able to stop listening to Alanis Morissette lament about what's doing "Underneath."

This is all apart of the fun of working from home. Welcome to my day.

1 comment:

heidi said...

I'm going to have to listen to this song and see what this is all about! I am the same way with music...I am ruled by it at times, especially with running.