22 May 2009

Memorial Day Weekend = Summer's here!

With the arrival of Memorial Day Weekend, it seems safe to say that summer is here! Can I get a WOO and a HOO! So glad summer is here. The Boy and I were to start it tonight with a ride up to Sparta/Elroy, Wisconsin to do a 50 mile bike ride. Instead he got the pukes at school today and got sent home by a very jumpy health aide. (Umm...people it's time to get over the H1N1 flu thing...not every time a kid pukes does it mean he's a raging cesspool of flu infection!) Alas, we aren't going and that's bummed me out.

So the stunningly patient SML, Our Lady of BYU, and CAL will proceed with their "Girls Weekend" plans while I will watch Pukie (which means he will stay in his room). I am looking forward to enjoying the long weekend. I'll run instead of do the bike trail. Maybe I'll do a new trail tomorrow. I did start to consider how cool it used to be to have summer. No school, three months off. Days full of fun stuff to do. Going to the lake. Going down the river. It was good. Now, I do wish I had had the skills that these idiots did. Check this out:

I particularly like the genius running around in the arm sling. What was he? The first attempt?

Not to be outdone by this feat of engineering, I found this example of more summer fun:

The music is particularly fitting on this one.

I'd love to do this now. I'd also be a parapalegic by the time the first run was over. This much I know...I'm looking forward to summer. Glad it's here.

No comments: