23 April 2010

Rolled

I did the following to my left ankle today during a four-mile run at lunch:
Left Ankle, Rolled

I've rolled aforementioned ankle on other runs but this one was a little different. It was instantly tender. I did myself no favors as I continued to run on it. I was 1.25 miles into my run and I was bent on completing it. It didn't hurt that bad and I actually found myself running a little faster (three of the four miles were sub-10 minute miles - color me happy!). Then I got home and it turned dull pain. It's not swelling but it hurts. So it's wrapped, elevated and iced. So I'm working the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) plan as best I can.

I need to run six miles tomorrow and I need to be ready for this 1/2 in seven days, people. If I can't run in the morning, I fear that I will find myself wallowing in self-pity and another kind of roll. This kind:

That wallowing will only lead to another roll in my gut. And I need that like I need a hole in my head. So here's to snapping back first thing in the morning.

No comments: