25 April 2010

The week ahead...

First of all, Happy ANZAC Day to my mates in Australia and New Zealand. I'll go on record here saying how much I miss Australia. What an amazing country and I've seen just a sliver of it. Some of the best people are to be found there! Great place.

I digress. This week, oh this week. Here's what's on tap:
Monday - work and a four miler
Tuesday - a day in the office and a four miler
Wednesday - same-day turn to PHX to pick up my Mom and bring her up here. All legs successfully upgraded, thank you, Mother United!
Thursday - a day in the office and a mere two mile run
Friday - leave for Champaign for the festivities associated with the Illinois Marathon
Saturday - the day that's been a long, long time coming. My first 1/2 Marathon. We leave the start line at 7:30AM. Click here to see a video of the course. The host is very Midwestern. So on race morning, I welcome any and all prayers, sacrifices (animal or otherwise, lighting of whatever on my behalf that morning. I'm not too proud to beg!

Seriously, make with the prayers. That being said, I'm really excited. I feel ready for this. I feel like I've prepared as best I can. And here's the ridiculous part...it's six days before the 1/2, a distance I've yet to complete, and I'm giving serious, serious thought to a marathon. So serious that I've picked out the one I'll do - the Indianapolis Marathon. In October. Of this year. Am I crazy?

No comments: