31 December 2010

New Years Eve

It's December 31st, the last day of 2010.  It's early here and I'm glad to see that it's already 2011 in some places, like Sydney (see fireworks to the left).  I'm going to let that be my celebration.  Because I have not slept in past 6AM the entire time I've been off.  Since December 23rd, I've woken up between 415AM and 5AM, except for one delightful day when I made it to 6AM.  No reason at all for the wake-ups.  I've not had my alarm clock on.  I've been looking forward to sleeping in and it has not happened.  Once.  So I'm pretty much doubtful on the whole "Ring in the New Year!" thing.

2010 - it's been a good year for the residents of the Den.  I'm not going to do a recap of the year here - the blog speaks for itself and tells the story of what we've done.  I'm glad we've had the last few weeks with Our Lady of BYU home and that the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML and I have been off work.  We've had a good time.  We've even done some good.  Last night we met some friends at Feed My Starving Children and helped to package boxes of food for starving children.  It was cool.  It's a good organization and if you're still looking for a worthy donation cause at the end of the year, this is worth it.

Here's to an excellent 2011.  Happy New Year!