01 January 2011

1.1.11

Another year begins.
Another year is here.  I'm pleased to say that 2011 arrived with little fanfare here in the Den.  I did surprise the fellow residents of the Den by actually staying awake until midnight.  I certainly didn't do it so I could swoon watching the ridiculous ball drop in Times Square.  No, thanks to the interweb (thanks, Tracy Jordan), I am able to watch the New Year roll in real time as it happens across the globe.  So as far as I'm concerned when the fireworks started erupting over the Sydney Harbour Bridge yesterday morning, 2011 was here.  Yeah, New Year!  So there really was no need to stay up, but I did. 

The New Year is off to a quiet start and I'm hoping that's a reflection of how the year is going to go.  It would be nice to have a bit of a break after the shenanigans of the last couple of years.  We'll see...This much I know, I'm not much of one for big goals set at the first of the year, only to see them collapse in a heap by February 2nd.  The thing I am shooting for in 2011 is three half-marathons, each in a different state.  I've got my eye on the Ice Age Trail Half in May in Wisconsin, the Bryce Canyon Half in July, and I need to find a third for the fall (if I don't do Madison again in August).  Now that I've put in print, I need to go find the motivation to start running again.  Fattie needs to run.  Again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"1.1.11" I know many people who believe that 11 11 is connected with the spiritual world.Happy New Year.

Seattle DUI|
Orlando Investment Property|
Seattle Family Law