09 February 2012

Flying the line

A quick observation while on the road - in the last year of work with my last employer, I had my wings clipped as it were.  My business travel pretty much ground to a halt.  It was a radical change of pace for me and frankly, a welcome one.  But that pace gets in your blood.  You get used to scenes like this:
Reason #110 why Coach blows

You start to miss the intrusion of the tool seated next to you in 3B.  You get the shakes thinking about playing "Upgrade Lotto."  You get worried that you can no longer precisely recite the safety dance demo in three languages.  You fret that you are missing the taste (and I use that word loosely) of airplane food.  It's then that you know it's time to get back on an airplane. 

This week put me back "flying the line" with a vengence - here's what this week brought:
  • Day One - ORD/SFO
  • Day Two - SFO/ORD
  • Day Three - ORD/LAX/PHX
  • Day Four - PHX/DFW/PHX
  • Day Five - PHX/DEN/ORD
I have to admit that it's been fairly uneventful...so far.  Two more days to go.  And one of those days is going to spent with an airline with whom my relationship could be described as "volatile/hostile" on its best day.  Good times.

No comments: