22 February 2012

The Search is Over

I am an unabashed fan of the music of the 1980's.  It gave us some of the most.awesome.music.ever.  Given that everything must have its ying and yang, that era also gave us some of the most awful music ever as well.  I'm not too proud to admit that and some of that awfulness can be found in the music of Survivor.  Who?  Think (if you must) Rocky III and the song 'Eye of the Tiger.' Now that the cacophony of that song is relentlessly pounding in your head, you'll remember who Survivor is.  You're welcome.

Why the Survivor reference?  They had a song, released in 1985, whose title seems apt for what I have to say today.  What song?  'The Search is Over,' thank you for asking.  What search?  My search for employment.

That's right.  The search is over and I am delighted to report that I will be going back to work after twelve weeks of unemployment.  I am very excited about the company that I am joining and for the experiences that lie ahead.  Suffice to say that it's going to be a very exciting time. I've made it a point to not mention the name of my employer in the Den nor have I used the Den as a forum to talk about my job specifics and I will continue to maintain that stance with my new job.

With this new job, I'll quote little Bobby Zimmerman, I mean Bob Dylan, and say, 'The Times They Are a-Changin.'  This new job means a change in physical location.  The Den and its residents are heading east.  We will be calling a fine New England state home shortly.  There are lots of decisions to be made and lots to be done before we pack up.  Whew!

I just have to say that I am beyond blessed.  I have an amazing wife and children who are getting behind this decision and who joined me on an intense exercise in faith.  There's more to be said about that in another post.  A 'thank you' shout-out to them seems wholly inadequate but I want you, good readers, to know how much I appreciate them.  As long as we, meaning my amazing family, stick together on this ride, we are going to be fine.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Congrats! Glad to hear the search is over. You and your family will be missed. But hopefully this means there won't be any less fodder for your posts . . . :)

Unknown said...

YAY! What excellent news. Congratulations. Exciting times ahead.

Cara said...

Congratulations Michael! I hope the transition goes well and you get settled quickly! Looking forward to hearing more :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!