17 April 2012

A Conundrum

One of the definitions of the word conundrum is anything that puzzles.  It's a word I like and from time to time, I find myself facing conundrums of all sorts. When I'm on the road, I face conundrums like this:
Hotel Hot Tub

Hotel Swimming Pool
What's the issue, you ask?  It's simple really - which is grosser?  Or, even more plainly, which is less likely to leave me with an insidious and most unwelcome infection?  For anyone that's ever spent a night in a hotel and pondered the aquatic options therein, you know the conundrum.

Conventional wisdom suggests that the hot tub is the one that's more likely to give you a raging communicable disease.  Even more likely than what one might get by simply being in the same zip code as one of the Kardashian skanks sisters but I digress.  I mean I get it, the hot tub appears to be nothing more than a boiling cauldron of ick that not even the most jaded scientist from the CDC would dare enter.  But I've decided the pool is just as gross, if not more so. Think about the number of people you see jumping into the pool and using it like a shower.  Then think about the number of kids in the pool.  Think about how many of them are in some diaper-like contraption.  Think about the leak-proof quality of that material.  Better yet, don't.  And on another level, am I really going to get a work-out in a hotel pool?  Seriously.  These things are tiny.  Unless I'm going to do about 300 laps, I'm not going to be going much of a workout.

I think I know the answer to this conundrum.  I'm better off running.  Stay out the hotel pool and hot tub! Good counsel.

2 comments:

Depressed Mormon Mommy said...

To be fair, I think you'd have more to worry about from any NBA player husbands than from the Kardashians themselves... ;)

Monty Newlin said...

I think the scariest thing about your post shows up in the corner of the hot tub picture. "No Diving." If the hot tub patrons are that dumb, I can't imagine what they've brought into / done in there. As for the pool -- if they've got enough chlorine in there to really kill all the stuff just looking for a victim -- your skin is in grave danger anyway. Good choice not to go in.