20 April 2012

Graduation Day

Lots going on today and I'm pressed for time, but I'd be remiss if I did not mention what happened today.  It was Graduation Day for Our Lady of Awesome, our first-born child.  She graduated from BYU today.  Suffice to say, it was a good day.  Once again, as I saw her march in the processional, I got a little teary but only for a second.  When your 16 year old son is standing next to you, mocking you for getting emotional, you dial it back.

Here's the graduate with her sister and brother:
She's been degree'd!
We're thrilled.  We're proud.  Frankly, I was just delighted to be there.  If you follow me on Facebook, you saw that getting to Happy Valley was no easy task.  Suffice to say, thanks to Mother United, I now have a very clear understanding of what it means for a mother to eat her young.  More to come on that.  For now, time to spend some time with the family and celebrate our oldest.  Yeah, it's been a good day.

1 comment:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Congrats, old timer.