06 June 2012

Movin' on up

The move really is happening.
So it's here.  The Den is a veritable hive of activity today.  As you can see from the photo above, there's a mammoth moving truck in front of the house and it's getting filled.  I look at everything still to go in it and wonder how it's all going to get done today, but who am I to ask?

We are moving.  It is for real.  Our buyers are hell-bent on making it challenging to the last minute but that's for the lawyers to battle out, not us.  I'll say again that it's a good thing that we don't have to be present for the closing.

We are movin' on up, people.  Well maybe not up, but east for sure.  I've had the theme to "The Jeffersons" in my head all morning as a result.  You know it and now you won't be able to get it out of your head.  You're welcome.  To make it stick further, here's my retooling of the song:

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side of the USA.
To a moderate extended stay in the hills.
Movin on up,
To the east side of the USA.
We finally get all back together again.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen; especially since Shari no likey the fish
Black beans don't burn on the grill.  Because black beans are awesome.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
Just to get up that hill, of which there are far too many in New England.
Now we're up in the shadows of Boston and New York,
Gettin' our Yankee attitude on.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby,
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

And you know, although this move is going to bring all sorts of new experiences to the Den, there really is nothing wrong with that.  It's time to move to the next phase of "Where Are We Going to Live Now?"  I'm just glad I'm back with my family and we're doing this together.  

No comments: