29 March 2013

A Good Friday

Today is Good Friday, which, when you think about the actual significance of the day in Christendom, it can be hard to call it 'good.' It seems odd, at first, to know that the day celebrates Christ's crucifixion, but it had to happen if there was to be a resurrection and hope that we could all conquer death. So, as one who believes, it is a good day.

It has been a good day. Primarily because I've spent it with my family. Of late, it's been very important to me that I draw them close. Life has a way of reminding you what is of most value and I am reminded right now how priceless my family and the time that I get with them is. So being with them today has been good, very good.

We all go through storms in this life. We are here to be tested. As I muddle through one of those tests right now, I know that it's one of those tests that in the grand and eternal scheme of things won't matter but in this moment, it can be a bit overwhelming. I'm grateful for the support I get. I'm more blessed than I deserve.

As I think about that and think about the time I spent with those I love today, I say again, it's been a good Friday.

No comments: