27 March 2016

I know

The grass in my yard, a muted green, is filling in the spots that didn't survive the winter. Yellow tulips bloom in our planter bed, coming to life as the rays of the sun feed them. The red bellied robins are back, gnoshing on the grubs that called our yard their winter home.  All these are hopeful signs that spring is here. Another most welcome sign of spring? This day - Easter Sunday.

Ages ago, as she peered into an empty tomb, a woman called Mary was wracked with anguish at the sight. A man asked her whom she sought. Without looking at him, she asked where the body had been taken. The man said, "Mary." She knew immediately that it was Him. Jesus had indeed risen.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
- Text by Samuel Medley

His teachings at their core transcend our many differences and are meant to unite us: 

Love one another

May we not forget that.

I know He lives. I know that my Redeemer lives.

No comments: