05 March 2008

"Don't Go!"

Do you remember Yaz's totally boss song, "Don't Go"? It was one of their cooler songs and Alison Moyet belting that song out has been in my head all day because that's what I keep wanting to say to Shari as she packs up tonight to head to Phoenix for the next ten days. What am I going to do? The spectre of playing single dad for is leaving me cold, can I just tell you? I'm already exhausted just thinking about it.

While I know we are going to be fine while she is thawing out in Phoenix and watching our nephew and niece, Case and Madison, I am going to miss her terribly and the kids will realize once again just how good they have it with a mom like her. I realize that fact all the time....

23 days and counting until Spring Break vacation, but who's counting?

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Just use these next few days to become world's coolest dad--you know, eating out every meal, staying up late watching movies and playing video games, sleeping in, dirty socks on the floor, munchies in the living room. . .

That's how Kevin survives when I'm gone.

Can't wait to see you guys!!