31 March 2008

Defining "Misspoke"

It's been a lazy vacation day - once again the kids have joined up with their friends, leaving Shari and I to relax. It's gorgeous here and we've been by the pool, enjoying the sun and the nice breeze. The downtime poolside has given me a chance to get caught up on the news as well, which leads us to Shrillary.

You have to love Shrillary for her unmatched ability to obfuscate the truth and to work like there is no tomorrow to cover her trail of lies. The latest? Her wonderful quote, "I misspoke" in reference to her death-defying mission to Bosnia when she was First SheBeast, I mean Lady. Boy, it must have been terrifying dodging those flowers that the Bosnian school children were tossing at her upon landing. I guess I can see how one might mistake tossing flowers and schoolchildren for bullets and ethnic-cleansing terrorists. Umm...right, Shrillary.

This clip is fantastic. Ignore the first part with Bill Maher, but enjoy the rest:

Best line EVER: "Cover me, Chelsea!"

Sadly, Chelsea is now having to cover for her mother and the web of lies that is la familia Clinton as she is now on the campaign trail, working for her mother.

Still adjusting to the sun here in SoCal. The skies are so incredibly blue. Looking forward to another night with great friends tonight, including dinner at the Mekong River and a dodgeball smackdown.

1 comment:

jill said...

Mike, I am so hoping this trip will influence you that when the time is right you will move the family back to the west! We miss you! - Jill