21 March 2008

Trump'd by Spring

So it's the first full day of Spring in Chicagoland and I am once again at the Saab dealership, preparing to give the Swedes more money. Gotta love that quirky Saab. Here's what's killing me....it's snowing and it's sticking. We may get as much as six inches of snow by the time this Spring storm ends. What a wonderful way to welcome the sweet relief of Spring. It did the same thing last year, so I don't know why I am shocked by this storm. I mean we got pounded last year in April...

Yesterday took me downtown for a meeting, where I was a speaker. It was a great drive into the city - couldn't take a train as I had to drive to my company's new headquarters building after the meeting. That new building is friggin' Wisconsin adjacent (it was an ugly, ugly ride home - reminiscent of those heinous LA commutes!). Anyway, the meeting was at the new Trump International Hotel and Tower right along the Chicago River. It's a great new hotel and very beautiful inside.

My speech to a crowd of about 190 people went well and just after the second speaker started, we were interrupted by the GM of the Trump Hotel, who wanted to present a special guest. Said guest was the Donald's daughter, Ivanka. Who knew that she really holds a position of power within the Trump organization. Turns out she really does.



Ivanka spoke for just a few minutes, but she was clever and well-spoken. She's about nine feet tall too, which was surprising. We chatted very briefly. I don't think I'll be offered a job in the Trump Organization anytime soon, which is fine with me.

So yet another brush with psuedo-celebrity. Excellent. I have the day off today and it's started early here at the Saab dealership. The kids are off too. Not sure what we'll do today as the snow is hampering activity. Maybe we'll spend it shoveling snow. On that note, just over 168 hours until we leave for California and Spring Break! But who's counting...

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Who's counting, indeed? We are excited to see you guys!!