03 April 2008

Police Beat

OK...while it's good to be home, we still wish we were on vacation and back in SoCal. But that can wait...

My alma mater, BYU, has what can only be described as the best police reporting ever. So good that the campus newspaper, The Daily Universe, (a highly "regulated" paper if there ever was one) dedicates an entire section on its website, BYU NewsNet, to the train wreck that is the police blotter on the BYU campus in Provo. I graduated close to twenty years ago but I still read the "Police Beat" with a fervor all its own. I think what I read today pretty much nails why you can't NOT read this:

March 26: The mother of a BYU student called the police when she suspected that her daughter's roommate stole her butter knife. The mother later called to drop the charges.

It does not get any better than this. Seriously. Ever. If you know me, you know I can spin a pretty good story. I could never top this stuff. By all that's holy, drop what you are doing and get to the NewsNet page and bookmark the Police Beat section and read it often. It is BRILLIANT! It's stuff like this that keeps me donating to the University. Reporting like this has got to be supported!

2 comments:

heidi said...

I just got a good chuckle from that Police Beat. You're right--they couldn't make that stuff up. I added it to my favorites. Good times, good times. My favorite from last week? The day old brownies that students were eating.

The Katzbox said...

Hey, I'm new to your blog and did I spy a Barack link on your page?...really?...another Mormon for Barack?...OH MY HECK...(that's code for "I'm LDS and I'm surprised/dismayed/pregnant"

Oh this is grand...GRAND!!! I couldn't be happier...well, I could, but it would involve George Clooney and a trip to my bishop's office...

So, carry on my new blogging friend...WOOT!!!