16 April 2009

Back in the US and one angry stomach

I've just spent the last 17 hours on planes from Hong Kong and Shanghai back to the US. It was a great week in Shanghai and Hong Kong, but I believe I'm paying for it now. On Wednesday night, I had dinner with several co-workers at a very, very local restaurant above one of the wet markets in the Wan Chai area of Hong Kong. It was an amazing meal but one where I really wasn't certain what I was eating and let's just say that made for a very unpleasant ride home. Very unpleasant. And it's not like it's improving. I'm hoping that it's just exhaustion and not a bad reaction to either the pig's knuckles or the black tea jelly for dessert. It couldn't have been the pregnant lady rice, which was amazing by the way. It was seasoned with ginger. Maybe it was the tripe-like stuff...I don't know. And then there was other stuff I couldn't identify. Here's what I know...it seems to be going horribly wrong and it's going to be a long night.

No comments: