04 April 2009

Wrapping up Spring Break

We are back home now - stepping off the plane at ORD yesterday morning into 39 degree temps was a quick ugly slap of reality and I just heard that the weather devils are suggesting snow in the next couple of days, so we are, without a doubt, back home. Spring Break is over. Suffice to say, we had a great time. It was great fun to spend the time with good friends and for all the good times we had together as a family. Now Our Lady of BYU has made it perfectly clear that it was unjust that she wasn't there but I'll just go on record as saying we wish she could have been there too.

So instead of focusing on the hundreds, literally hundreds of email, that were waiting for me from work, or the visit yesterday to the orthopaedic surgeon that resulted in a superfun cortisone shot into my knee (if any of you are familiar with Brian Regan's routine about the ER and 'pressure', I burst out laughing when the nurse asked me if I'd ever had a cortisone shot and when I said no, she said, well you're going to feel a little pressure. All I thought of was Regan saying, Buckle up!) and banning me from running for a month, I thought I'd post a few more pictures from our incredible vacation. Let me make this clear though - Florida is still the capital of crazy and it's still a mess, but boy do they know how to make a break from reality! Here's a few more pictures:
Close up of me and the stunningly patient SML with the kids in the background with their dolphin
The stunningly patient SML, our friend Hannah, and CAL in the lagoon at Discovery Cove
Me, CAL, our friend Hannah, and the stunningly patient SML checking out the manta rays - this was a huge achievement for CAL
PTL going for a manta ray
PTL feeding a bird in the Aviary at Discovery Cove
Riding Kraken at Sea World - this was great fun! We are in the third row in the first car.

So all in all, a great time. We are looking forward to doing it again next year. But now it's back to reality. It's our church's global General Conference this weekend so we'll be at home all weekend watching that event. Should be a good experience - one of learning and of comfort. Looking forward to it.

No comments: