17 April 2009

It only gets angrier

Last night's post came from an airport hotel in lovely, and by lovely I mean complete and total hole, Newark, New Jersey. I thought that was exacerbating my condition and that things would turn for the better upon my return to Chicagoland this morning. While it was all kinds of good to have the stunningly patient SML pick me up this morning at ORD, getting home did not cure me.

I'm not pleasant when I'm sick so I had warned the family and they were prepared. It's been a long day. You know it's bad when your wife tells you the following: "Um...you've got a funk going on." And by funk she's not referring to my dancing skills or a heightened state of depression. This in spite of the fact that I had showered and I maintain a pretty high state of cleanliness. It's the demon inside of me working its way out. So this is how I feel right now:

And here's my new BFF:

I'll say this...whatever is tearing through me (and tearing through me faster than the French caved to the Nazis), it's not going to make me give up the adventure of trying new foods all over the world. This is merely a minor setback. It's also a bit of a diet aid. Since I can't start running again for two more weeks, when my one month running ban is lifted, this is merely eliminating a few pounds that normally would have come off in a couple of runs. See, there's good to be found in everything.

No comments: