18 August 2010

Some Random Photos

It's been a crazy week. It's only Wednesday. I've got my second half marathon this Saturday and I'm beginning to feel woefully unprepared. Yikes.

Anyway, here's some random photos. This past Monday, we met some friends, who were in from San Diego, at Wrigley to watch the San Diego Padres begin their sweep of the Cubs in the first of a three game series. Fun for the San Diegans, more pain for us. It's been a rough season for Cubbies fans. Really rough.
It was a gorgeous summer night! Our friends got a taste of Wrigley's finest too - a massively drunk father and son. Never such creative use of the "F" word have I heard in my life. I did not know it could be used as a noun, verb, adverb, and an adjective all in one sentence. Epic.
It was great to be there with the kids too. The aforementioned drunks had left at this point. Otherwise I would have had them take the picture.

And here's a few pictures from my Sally Field "You like me. You really like me!" moment last week at the NBTA Conference in Houston.
One of the banners announcing the award. (Note to self - update the bio photo. Fatty is so fat anymore!)
Making the walk across the stage
Accepting the award with NBTA President Craig Banikowksi (another note to self - make sure your mic is off before saying 'OK let's get off the stage' - turns out 5,000 of your friends can hear that).
So there you have it.

No comments: