27 March 2012

Beyond annoying

Have you ever encountered something that makes you want to ram your fingers into your ears so deeply that you are rendered instantly deaf?  Or that you wish for the onset of instant hysterical blindness the very minute you see that something?  The very sight of that thing is truly your Achilles' Heel - it cripples you.  I've talked about my crippler, my Kryptonite, before in the Den and it's peanut butter.  It's still hideous to me but I've found its companion and it is...wait for it...any and all commercials for the Kit Kat bar.

Is there anything more annoying?  I dare say no.  Just the sound of that first crackling of the stupid wafer and I'm sent into waves of rage.  That is quickly followed by the hideous sound of someone (someone who should be ashamed of themselves) biting into said wafer and I'm sent into an orbit of white-hot rage. Those two sounds alone slay me.  And not in a good way.  I can't put my finger on why - I just know that I have a visceral and completely unpleasant reaction each and every time I am subjected to that hideous commercial.  It's awful. If the US Army wants to get the confessions moving down in Guantanamo, I recommend playing Kit Kat commercials in an unending loop.  I guarantee that those intelligence officers will have every answer they need in about 30 minutes. Seriously, those commercials are instruments of torture.  Truly beyond annoying.

I may be the only person out there with this specific aversion.  We've all got them.  I suppose that what helps to give each of us our own unique characters.  And you know what, unique is good.  It would be better, though, if it was a unique world free of that annoying commercial...

2 comments:

Scott Hinrichs said...

I've got five kids. We know all about annoying at our house. After the third child reached the age where he could purposefully annoy other family members, we sort of became numb. Now only the most extreme and egregious annoyances are enough to break through the wall of stupor. Inane TV ads can't even come close to cracking this shell.

I suppose it's part of the Lord's merciful plan that allowed us to bring two more children into this world and that keeps us from killing any child that gets annoying.

Trina said...

Crashing your site from Middle-Aged Mormon Man, hope that's okay.

This made me lol...literally. I love Kit Kats- I can't even think of what the commercials are like- unless they're still doing the old Gimme a break song. I can't stand the sound of people mushing food in their mouths. Bananas are the worst. I've thought of not buying food or making meals just to save me some torture at meal time- It wouldn't go over well I'm sure.