05 March 2012

Return to work

Some twelve weeks after my last day of work, I embraced the ranks of the employed today as I went back to work.  It was in a word, completely awesome.  OK, so that was two words, but you'll allow me a little artistic license, right?

It felt fantastic to be at work.  I got such a charge out of talking about the challenges and opportunities this new position will bring.  It just felt good to be talking about the quirky industry that I've been a part of for more than twenty years now.  It was a good day.  Now I know I'm not so foolish as to be looking at this new world through rose-colored glasses and I get that "Pollyanna" was a work of fiction, so I know that there are going to be days that will try me.  I think, though, that thanks to this trip to UnemploymentLand, an E Ticket ride if there ever was one, I'll be a little more grateful for the challenges work brings.

I'm a bit more grateful for a lot of things as I look back on this whole experience.  I'm grateful for faith and its trials.  I'm grateful for the prayers of family and friends.  I'm grateful for a Father in Heaven who knows me and knows what I needed to learn.  Who am I kidding, using the past-tense?  There is still so much for me to learn. I'm glad I've got an amazing family along for the ride.  Here we go.

No comments: