30 May 2013

The 700 Club

Welcome, my friends, to the 700 Club.  No, not this one. I mean the 700 Club that with this post I join today. Of course, I refer to this being my 700th post.

Believe it or not, this is the 700th post. I've been at this blogging thing for five some odd years now and I want to thank those of you, all two of you, who have been along for the ride on the sofa in the Den from the beginning. I want to thank those of you who have been brave enough to proclaim yourself a follower as well. I have appreciated the comments and the interaction that this little forum has afforded me.

As I have with other 'milestone' posts, I'll share some interesting, well to me at least, data about the Den and its readers:

  • My Apollo 13 anniversary post is still the most widely read - again, I apologize to all the 8th graders who Google 'Apollo 13' and get directed to this post. I'm fairly certain it did nothing to help you with your report.
  • Google has been the preferred way for folks to find the Den, with 'Apollo 13' being the most popular search keyword that gets people into the Den
  • The bulk of the visitors to the Den are from the US. Who is in 2nd place? Russia. I have no idea why either.
So there's a little peak behind the curtain in the Den. I've slowed down the pace of my posts this year, a little intentionally I guess, but I've found a pace that works for me right now. I don't see the content changing much as I move past the 700th post. It'll still be my musings. I don't pretend that this blog is changing the world. It's not. It's my little train wreck and I'll keep it going.

Thanks for taking a seat on the sofa here in the Den. Hope you are comfortable and that you'll stick around.

1 comment:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Congrats on 700. Good thing you aren't very opinionated.