20 July 2013

Foggy

It has been oppressively hot and humid this past week here in Connecticutistan. We've been sweltering along with the rest of the Northeast and it has been, in a word, unpleasant. It's made everything a bit off kilter, including my vision. Wait....what? See (a poor choice of words) now that I'm wearing glasses full-time again, I'd forgotten about what happens when you emerge from an air conditioned space into the palpable heat. Glasses completely fog over and you bid your vision farewell for a second or two. A minor inconvenience but it throws me every time I get out of my car and step into the swamp. 

You know how disconcerting it can be to drive in foggy conditions? It's unsettling but it's not like you can resolve that as quickly as I can my fogged over glasses. You've got to be extra careful and stick to the att you know when in the foggy muck. Some elements of life right now feel like I'm driving in that muck. It does make you slow down and consider that which is most important. As I navigate this, I'm grateful for an amazing copilot, the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML. Man, I'd be completely adrift without her. I'm also grateful for the power of prayer and the opportunity to exercise faith. Listening for answers requires that.

The thing about fog is that it always goes away, unless it is of the 'killer' kind found in crappy horror films. Fog burns off and so do those moments in life when you wonder about the challenges. They too will burn off, thanks to the light. That works for me.

BTW - if this post looks off kilter, it's the first time I'm using the Blogger app on my iPad. Not sure how this is going to publish.


No comments: