09 July 2014

Like riding a bike

"Everything old is new again."
"It's just like riding a bike."

I've been awash in cliches as I made a career move this week. On Monday, as announced on the Facebook and LinkedIn, I started a "new" job. Why the hackneyed use of air quotes? Because it's not a totally new job. I've rejoined my previous employer, hence the cliches and air quotes. As I've made a point to not speak much or very specifically about my job here in the Den, I'll simply say it was an exciting opportunity that brought me back.

It's been a busy week so far and I've not forgotten how to ride that bike. It's been fun to see people I used to run into and see their reactions upon seeing me again. The best so far was this one..."Wait, you mean you left?" Nice. I was gone two and a half years. Not quite sure how to take that one. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that one.

No comments: