27 December 2007

Another Anniversary


December 27 - and today, Shari and I celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I guess I could borrow every cliche out there to say how unbelievable it is that it's already been 19 years, etc. So I won't. I will say that it's been a great ride so far. I promised Shari more than 19 years ago that our life together would never be dull. I think this picture proves that:

If ONLY this could have been in our wedding announcement!

(Please note that I will probably be killed for posting this!)

Because we chose to get married right at Christmas, we've never done much for our anniversary. We decided awhile ago that we would celebrate at another time during the year. That's usually meant a cool trip - Japan, London, a European drive, Hong Kong have all been places that we've celebrated. This year, not doing much, since the big 20 looms next year. Australia is already calendared for our 20th celebration. That's going to be awesome!

Tonight we will head over to the Chicago Temple (I accepted an assignment up there on this date months ago, forgetting that it's our anniversary) and then we are going to dinner at a French place in Oak Brook afterwards. It will be a nice way to cap off the day. And we can get it done before we get pummeled with snow tomorrow. Apparently we're supposed to get smacked tomorrow. Fantastic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a bold move to post a picture from the Butterfieild Stage Ward "Humiliation Ball '05"
but Mike Lyons is a bold man.... (is bold the right word?)

Sure fun to catch up with you a bit through the wonderful world of blogging.

Kevin Yocum

Anonymous said...

Kevin, No...thats the look in the Midwest now..Nice hair Mike.

Mitch Dunford